Tuesday 5 August 2014

Ran out

It was the 10mile Total Warrior challenge yesterday and boy can I feel it today. It's was such great fun, the weather was tragic but my running was far worse.

Half way round the course there was a 4 mile fell run, not only have I never run 4 miles in my life, I have certainly never run it through marsh land. I was so disappointed with my performance on this bit, I am tending to overlook how well I actually did.

It took a total of 2hrs 50 something to complete it and I was 57th female in my category of 300 odd. Which is pretty good for my first ever attempt but I am sorely disappointed with my run effort, even if I didn't train I expected to be better than that!

So, our new goal is to get amazing at these events; sounds amazingly simple put like that!

I do have to bear in mind the possibility of major surgery in my life, but for now we are planning with what we do know. Currently that is that we have counselling appointment on 29th and blood test soon after if that's the way I opt to go.

Today I'm sick with a tummy bug going round the office, which is do much fun!

Looking forward to switching up our training, always an adventure and so much to learn

No comments:

Post a Comment