Tuesday 8 April 2014

Back to it

In typical me style, feeling stronger automatically means that I must push myself too far.  Tom and I did a mini TRX circuit this morning and I can really feel it in my back, damn it.  I am undecided if it is broken pain or just fatigue pain. I did try and be careful this morning an didn't put 100% in, but it seems that lately! my body is really quite easily offended.

I rode the horses tonight too and it felt ok, not great, but ok. I have ice gelled it and taken some ibuprofen so we shall see.  We are cycling in in the morning, nothing like the make or break approach! I really need to get out of this rut, I need to check back on here but I am sure my back pain must be getting on for 5 weeks now and my SI joint has been possibly triple that. Seems like that like swine is here to stay for a while.  I did feel pretty good during my workout though which is always good, I now have shooting pains radiating around my left glute and pelvic region.. All in a standard day for me atm, could be considerably worse though so counting my lucky stars.

A typically busy week ahead and I am hoping to take one of the horses competing on Sunday, no let up on the weekend.  Situations allowing, we may be going to Go Ape in Saturday too if Toms family can make it.  His dad took a nasty fall down the stairs so it depends on how he is getting on, it is taking a few of them to look after him because he has done some considerable damage to his knee poor thing.

One of my biggest aims this year on a personal growth note is to improve my management and delegation skills.  I am dreadful at delegating anything, it's half the reason I am permanently busy.  I think a lot of it stems from me needing to improve my verbal communication skills, I find it really easy to write stuff but much harder to order my thoughts whilst verbilising.  It's strange how in this day and age, where we have a hundred different ways to communicate, that I do believe we are losing the art of communication and a more intimate way.  By intimate, I don't mean loved ones, I mean the ones we interact with daily. It's also down to a total lack of patience, I find myself not being able to spend the time trying to explain something to someone, when I can just do it myself.  As I write this I realise that this is going to be a fairly mammoth task to achieve and will be something that is going to take a lot of hard work and determination.

I wonder if, when I am lying in my death bed, hopefully in many, many years to come; I will reflect on my life and be happy with what I have achieved.  I hope so, for many years I felt like I had done nothing and achieved the same;  I now feel proud of myself for sticking to something and getting it done.  I will continue to strive to impress myself , I think that that is the key, rather than striving to please others.   I have nothing to prove to anyone except myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment