Friday 11 April 2014

Crash

I experience my first real blood sugar crash on Wednesday evening. We cycled to work and whilst I was a little sore from TRX, I felt pretty good and knocked another 5mins off our time.  I had a crazy busy day in the office and basically didn't eat enough and about half way home on the bikes I ran out of steam.

Its a really strange sensation, it wasn't even like my muscles were hurting or felt particularly tired, there was just no strength anywhere. Tom normally carries energy tablets in his bag as he suffers quite regularly with these dips, but he had run out.  I didn't feel dizzy or shaky, I just had the energy and strength of a new born lamb! Tom pushed me the last few hundred metres, I was that bad!! Once I got off, I felt like I was drunk!! Lesson learnt there!

On the positive side of life, my back didn't ache at all whilst riding!!

We were in the gym yesterday morning as I knew I couldn't make it today (trip to london with work) wow I was sore and tight but I was also fairly strong in my core.  I managed to sustain a good position whilst in my headstand and even managed to get the variation of bending one leg at a time whilst holding my form. I was a little concerned as this was what I suspected did my the damage before!! Starting to feel good again though and that is most definitely what counts!

Busy weekend ahead, the weather today is glorious so lets hope it continues. I really want to try and compete on Sunday too so a typically busy weekend awaits! Happy Friday everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment