Wednesday 16 April 2014

Focus

This really is something that I have struggled with this year, mainly down to injury I think and I just can't see any results currently which is frustrating.  Once I start to feel better I want to push it, but then I injure myself. So currently, I just feel like I'm messing about.

I need to get back into a good routine, I feel unhealthy at the minute and like I'm carrying excess weight that I just can't shift. I little bit of a dramatic way to feel, but I just can't shift it at the moment. I have a couple of days where I feel good again but it doesn't last. My diet isn't as great as it should be, I'm still not eating refined sugar as a rule, but I have had a couple of blips recently and feel like I have let myself down; this feeling being the result.

Tom is working different hours too which means he hasn't got time to dedicate to making our evening meals and lunches and I am so busy, I don't even get chance to plan ahead to what I want for the day. Result being that my macros are all over the place and I have a pot belly and lethargy to prove it.

I am in the process of sanitising my working day, I was drowning in the black hole of emails which I have put a stop to. I now only read them twice a day and I have communicated this around the company.  Sticking to my guns is quite tricky as I have to have my mailbox open for the support inbox as customers send request into there.

My next step is to clarify my role and percentages of time I should be applying to different areas. I can then cut my day up accordingly. I think I will then feel like I am achieving something rather than treading water. I always thought of myself as an organised person but it got to the point where I felt like I was running around with my arms in the air and achieving nothing. Reality check, it has to stop as its taking me over and that is not something I am willing to let happen, the moment it starts to affect my life outside of the office is the moment things have to change.

Outside of this, we need to get a better system for our weeks. I am happier now I get to finish at 4.30 twice a week. It means I know I am going to have two late finishes and dedicate my time to my horses properly, which is important to me. We need to get a better system in place for lunches and teas. I am at the point in my quest, that I am actually seeing the nutrition balance as way more important to me than the eating of nice food that has taken me a while to come up with and make, that's what we can use our weekend for. In this vein, I want to see if I can find a genuine, healthy, meal replacement drink. I don't want a diet one, I don't want one that's full of crap. I want one that hits all my nutrition needs in a healthy and hopefully organic way. 

I haven't spent a lot of time looking yet as I just don't get any time to do anything of any substance at the moment, burn its definitely something I want to do.  There is a product that is being developed known as Solent, its a total meal replacement and just hits all your vitamin, mineral and nutritional needs in one drink. My only issue with this is that A) it isn't on the general market right now B) it isn't made from whole foods, it is the refined extracts of said nutritional requirements.  This alone makes me a little uneasy. I need something to change quick smart though.

I am going to put in place a proper 6 week fat stripling plan before the wedding. It was something I wanted to avoid by reducing my body fat over the six months run up, but that's just gone to pot. Its a good job we have a week off coming up, I feel a little like I'm drowning at that is my light at the end of the tunnel. There is some serious planning required so we don't just waste the week!

We are walking Snowdon with my mate Nic and her new beau on Saturday and I'm really looking forward to that, I know I will end up eating crap if I'm not careful and I need to be careful. Planning and prep on Friday day is the key.  The negative impact on my life when I'm not careful just isn't worth it to me.  People tell me to live a little and enjoy myself; being healthy and achieving my goals is me living a lot and loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment