Sunday 18 May 2014

Meet the faaamily

This weekend was all about Toms family and mine meeting up properly before the wedding. The kids from each side wanted to meet each other and my dad hasn't met everybody either. The weather was absolutely glorious which meant out bbq plans were perfect.

Tom and I were out riding super early on sat morning so that we could get everything done, and it was just fantastic. The weather was heavenly and everywhere was so peaceful. It's days like that that make all the cold and miserable days involved in owning horses worthwhile.

The meet up went incredibly well and everyone got on brilliantly. I left them all to it about 10.30 as I made the fatal mistake of drinking before 3 and that never goes well for me! I get a hangover about 8 in the evening and that's me done then. Tom came to bed about 2 this morning and boy was he rough today!! He woke up and was immediately sick and then came to help me do the horses and have a lesson so his family could get top see him ride. Needless to say, he was desperate to get to bed after lunch and spent the entire afternoon there! I was slightly more productive and spent the afternoon sleeping in the garden, which is looking spectacular now.

The girls happily munching after their morning workout




So, the diet has been pretty terrible this weekend but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Instead I intend to cycle it off tomorrow.

For a few reasons, the main of which I don't really wish to publicise; I am going top start concentrating on following an anti inflammatory diet. This is only beneficial in the long run and my current dirty shouldn't take to much tweaking anyway. The main thing is to increase the amount of leafy greens I consume and cut back on saturated fat, bye bye morning yogurt! I need top concentrate on getting my vegetables back into my diet properly again too! We do tend to get a little lacks in this area but now I have found unicorn I have a huge supply of local and organic food so there is no excuse really!


No comments:

Post a Comment