Monday 12 May 2014

That'll teach me

I boldly made a statement in the office in Friday; one that I knew I would regret the minute I said it. They were all merrily munching away on chocolate and I proclaimed that the reason they were always being sick and I wasn't was because they ate crap and I didn't.  Bold move considering everyone had been getting sick in the office recently, I must be riding the wave of arrogance I seemed to have developed after managing to fight through a few other office epidemics! Sat evening after having tea, my tummy started to complain a little and was quite grumbly and then it hit me about 2 in the morning. The virus that had been going around had got me, and it had got me good!

Its my tummy and head that are suffering, I ate a couple of rice cakes yesterday and then decided I just needed something substantial as it felt as if my digestive system had ground to a halt. I hasn't felt hungry all day which sets alarm bells of all over the place but I just felt I had to try. So I opted for something that most people probably avoid at the best of times but I just craved pasta and butter, so that's what I had. It helped quite a lot but not with the headache. When I move I feel like my head is splitting, if I stay still then it's not so bad.  I have just made myself a coffee as I do find that helps, so we shall see but pain killers aren't touching it. I have so much to do in the office too and Mondays are fairly busy as far add meetings go! I just couldn't face driving.

Onwards with recovery and let's get back to it, I should've expected something to take me out of training hard, I've had way to good a run!

No comments:

Post a Comment