Wednesday 28 May 2014

Haters don't really hate you..

In fact, they hate themselves because you're a reflection of what they wish to be. Great quote.

Its not that people feel the need to pass regular comment and take the piss out of me for being healthy; that bit I just pity them for.  The bit that really gets me is that they don't consider, for one second, how they would take it if I turned the tables on them.

Can you imagine, whilst someone was chowing down on their highly anticipated pie and chips for lunch, I sit there and tell them how gross it looks and express my inability to even consider eating it as I want to enjoy my food or when they unveil their latest lardy post lunch time conquest; I feel the need to pass uninvited, judgemental comments.. I would be in so much trouble.  Its strange how they interpret healthy eating as boring and disgusting, yet what actually happens is that you get extra enjoyment from it as you have the added mental boost in the fact that you are feeding your body properly and aiding its peak function. And, even better, when you do treat yourself to something naughty; its tastes exquisite.  Its totally transformed my palate.

The comments I get pointed in my direction are generally during conversations that I'm not even a part of.  I pretty much keep my eating habits and opinions to myself, unless someone else brings it up and asks me about it. At that point, I am going to give my brutally honest opinion because they have asked me for it, but I would never involuntarily say anything as that's just disrespectful and serves no purpose.  Its ridiculous that people misinterpret their inability to be a better person in many ways and translate that as bitterness towards someone who is going out of their way to be the best version of themselves possible.

Perhaps if, as a society, it was deemed as far less socially acceptable to eat unhealthy food and live a generally unhealthy lifestyle; there would be far less strain on the NHS service from avoidable illnesses.

In other news, I've managed to screw up my neck! I decided I wasn't happy with a single body weight pull up anymore, I wanted MORE! My neck wasn't quite so keen. Luckily, I already had a back appointment booked in with David, so here I am. Slightly delayed so sat waiting to go in, he really must despair of me!

Still feeling good on the different macro balance. I don't purposefully aim to do the 50:30:20 split, it just seems to be how I naturally eat and I'm happy with that.

In even more exciting news.... I can see an AB!! One, beautiful little abdominal muscle and it isn't covered in fat and has its very own definition! Its at the very top and I will get a pic asap. I officially have a one pack, wooo!! Progress

No comments:

Post a Comment