Friday 23 May 2014

The unheard of occured

We took a day off the gym this morning!!  we are both rally struggling, we cycled in on Monday, Tuesday was wieghts and Wednesday Tom decided to proclaim that we should do abs.  Well, I have quite a few spectacular abs moves up my sleeve so we executed these, I would like to say with style, but that would be a massive lie!!

Yesterday neither of us could even sit up properly to get out of bed, so we opted to do legs; unfortunately Tom's knee was playing up so we switche to a stretching session, which I love anyway. We finished off with some handstand practice, oh how I laughed!!

I think as a girl you take for granted that you know how to carry out a handstand, even if you arent capable of doing one.  Tom had a great time trying to get into his handstand, and to make matters worse, I couldn't help him back to earth safely as i was laughing so much.  He wasnt keeping his arms straight so kind of plopped his bum onto the wall and then trid topush himself up from there.  Ambitious to say the least and also incredibly amusing to us both, even if i wasnt doing my job and keeping him safe!  We got there in the end though.

My back was pinching a little last night and Tom's knees where still bothering him, so we opted for a rest day and took Sammy to the park in the rain instead.

Switching my diet around a little bit has made me feel a whole lot better.  I have basically stopped aiming for the macros I had set myself and just concentrated on  eating what I want as long as it falls within my calorie limit and it clean food.  I am making sure I am getting plenty of wholegrain fiber and vegetables and I have cut out dairy, for now anyway.  I think i am just more suited to paying attention to what my body wants and doing it that way.  It is what I have had the most success with anyway.  An example from yesteday is I was 52% carbs, 29% fat and 19% protein and I felt great and for the first time in quite a while I am back at 140lbs so I am just going to go with that qnd stop obsessing so much.

Some super tasty spelt roman loaf. Homemade of course, I cant get enough of it and its so simple to make, if not a little messy!

Yummy tea, with a couple of exciting additions.  Venison left over from the weekend and the Kohlrabi that I bought from Unicorn the other day. This is one of my new favourites, so sweet and crisp! 
Much to my musement, I managed to shell a coconut and leave the inside entact.  So behold, a naked coconut

Spelt pasta with turkey burgers and the ever favourite peas!

In other good news, I feel like the rescue remedy is really helping me keep a good firm grip on my sanity!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment