Thursday 27 March 2014

Growing up is a strange thing

I never expected it to be such an obvious transition; it's like I'm witnessing it happening to someone else and it touches pretty much every area of my life.

The commitment I have shown with my lifestyle choice and the drive to achieve my goals is the one that I share mostly on here, but there are other ways too.  The fact that I can now mostly reason with myself when I encounter irrational thoughts, something most people encounter and handle their entire life but things that used to consume me with negativity. 

When having discussions with people, I have the ability to recognise a person who is open to a discussion and one who has no interest in your opinion but loves the sound of their own voice.  I used to get really frustrated with people like that and insist on pushing my point of view, I have learnt that this is a fruitless task and I stand to gain nothing of any use so just nod when necessary and let them get on with it. 

Its a shock for me, it wasn't how I expected it and there are loads of other ways but these are the two that have sprung to mind whilst sitting, soaked to the skin from riding in the rain and now waiting for Olivia to come and massage Mills.

I have started finishing at 4.30 two days a week, its great that I can have a couple of evenings where I don't feel I am rushing my girls just to get home. I love it, I hate not spending quality time with them and lately, they just seem to have been cast aside.

My back is doing well, went to David yesterday and it wasn't giving up any tension but he worked all around my shoulders and shoulder blades. It so much better than it was, I just need to start working on the stiffness now and doing more riding will definitely help there.  I could feel it working it out tonight.  I guess because riding is something I have done for years and years so my body has hardened to this in particular. 

We are aiming to cycle in tomorrow, works night out after though so they will be locked up tight for the weekend and we will cycle home on Monday evening.  It will be interesting to see how the night out goes, I didn't really enjoy the drink last weekend and decided my relationship with alcohol was changing... I do however, feel a bit of a thirst coming on!! Eek

No comments:

Post a Comment