Thursday 20 March 2014

Happy spring!


This is without a doubt, my favourite time of year. Everything has emerged from the winter and is feeling happy; fluffing their feathers, oiling their songs, skipping around and generally being quite literally full of the joys of spring!

I'm not quite skipping around unfortunately, I tweaked my back a little bit again on Monday in the gym... Damn it.  Its not as bad as it was and I know to lie flat when my psoas starts cramping up which helps. I have done what I can at the gym to ease it off and I seem to be managing it pretty well. Tom has cycled in today and I daren't risk it, so pretty jealous about that. I'm loving the bike, it so great to be outside and be able to use the time I always feel I waste in a car, yo get fit and enjoy the fresh air.

There has been a campaign going on on Facebook. People are taking makeup free selfies in order to raise awareness to cancer. I think everyone is all too painfully aware of cancer and I think the message should've been to raise awareness to your own body and get regular checks where available and check yourself regularly too.  I was having my yearly mammogram yesterday coincidentally. I think I have mentioned on here before that we are part of a genetic study run by Genesis on families who, in our instance, carry the hereditary gene BR-CA1.  In fact, I did mention it on here because it was highlighted in the news when Angelina Jolie announced she had had a double mastectomy as she carried the gene and her mother died of breast cancer (or her gmother)


It has also pushed me to book in for a smear, can't remember if I have had one recently and it is such a simple and effective way to keep an eye on yourself.  No excuses!

Plus side, I'm down to 139lbs today... Woo. I think I have a balanced and thought out opinion on the protein debate, I will have to take my time writing it rather than whilst I am on an exercise bike.. Which is how this is being written!!

No comments:

Post a Comment