Thursday 13 March 2014

I've earned my oats this morning

Yesterday was quite a rubbish day, it was high stress and volume at work and then driving home on the motorway, I managed to run over a piece of metal and puncture my back wheel.  Brilliant! An hour later and we had been retrieved by a tow truck and dropped back off at home.  As with most new cars these days, the manufacturers don't see fit to provide you with even space savers any more! oh no, you get a foam filler and then you cant get the tyre repaired if it is repairable.

So, options today were to work from home, which I really didn't want to do.  I had a new starter in my team yesterday and he was kind of ignored as it was so busy and I don't want him to feel ignored today. Call out a tyre fitter, which I don't think you can do as an emergency or wait until the tyre places open and get my mum to take myself and the tyre to be sorted.. Again, didn't want to waste working time on doing that... Never thought I would say that in my life!

And the other choice.. bring forward my commute to work on my bike! wooo, bring it on. That's just what we did.  +Tom Burgin came with me as he is working just up the road which is perfect and we took it easy as I have no idea how my body will cope.  It was 17 miles and we weren't particularly quick, part of the route was along the canal and the road bikes arent exactly in their element there.  The true test will now be what stiffens up, obviously my back still isnt perfect so, only time will tell!

Either way, that definitely beats sitting in a car of a morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment