Monday 24 March 2014

its a revelation!

I learnt a couple of things this weekend, both good but really quite strange.  It changes a couple a core things about myself really and came with quite a significant slap in the face.

On Friday evening we had a theatre trip to see The Mouse Trap at the Lowry. We had some time to kill before as we were going directly from work, this was killed by going for an amazing meal at a restaurant at media city, called Damson. The food was beautiful, I had scallops to start and fillet for mains but then this is where the revelations began... I finished off with a dessert!! I just decided I was going to have one and I didn't care that it had sugar in it.  That's not the revelation, the revelation is that I didn't get anything from it particularly.  That is nothing on the quality of the dessert, it was amazing but I felt it totally unnecessary and not worth it to what it brought to the entire meal.




Whilst this may seem like nothing to a lot of people, I have always been a massive dessert fiend so this is defo progress.

Revelation number 2, off the back of another load of naughtiness is thay my relationship with alcohol had totally changed. I decided I would try drinking again as I needed to find something I could drink at the wedding that wouldn't kill my indigestion or get me too pissed. I also wanted something lower carb and less bloating than lager. So, wine it was and I opted for a fairly good Syrah red. Whilst it was lovely, there was no enjoyment there really. I need to switch the engrained opinion that I simply must get rolling drunk when I drink and I think I can merrily progress from there. As far as what I am going to drink at the wedding, I am undecided. We have some fantastic port for toasts so may just nab some of that! Ease myself in gently ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment