Saturday 1 March 2014

Treats are a requirement

I feel like I haven't worked out for sooo long and I am missing it horribly. On the whole, I am considerably better but my psoas is still mightily annoyed... The result being that standing up and walking upright is incredibly tiring still, I don't actually feel like that part of it is getting better at all.  I was with David again this morning and he has advised me to start stretching again. Starting by laying flat on my back on a hard surface, this will force a stretch out of my psoas.

I spent a couple of hours like to that this afternoon and it did feel a lot better afterwards. I also need to stretch my flexors out, which I haven't done yet.  I feel really sore in my left SI joint where I had all that pain recently too... Its not going to be a quick one this time unfortunately.

Plus side, I went for my dress fitting and that's alls going well.  Should be pretty much sorted after the next one.  We have also bought some more fabric for decorations and there will be some more DIY going in tomorrow.  Might  s well make the most of the time whilst I can't do anything else!!

As we have decided to cut back on meat and when we do have it,  change the way that we cook it, the last few days have been somewhat experimental to say the least.  We Norma ill have meat at pretty much every evening meal anyway, so working out how to fill a plate and make it tasty and balanced is a new challenge.


Last nights tasty little feast above.  It was half eaten by the time I remembered I wanted a picture! Roasted mushroom with mixed herbs, mixed garlic stir fry veg, wholewheat pasta and steamed chicken breast.  We also had some amazing feta cheese crumbled on top.  It was like a plate of pizza!!



This bizarre looking creation was to satisfy a sweet craving. Its banana split with Brazil nut butter in the middle. The sweet banana and bitter Brazil worked brilliantly.



This was tonights creation. Roasted veg with another field mushroom and feta but the little dark blob on the left is a courgette, ginger and spelt flour muffin.  Absolutely amazing AMD worked fantastically with the veggies.


I also made it into dessert, it didn't work quite so well!

Lunch was steamed chicken with creamy leaks and courgette in oat cake wraps. I have just noticed we don't appear to be doing too great a job of cutting back on meat ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment