Tuesday 4 March 2014

Its pancake day!!

For as long as I can remember, this us one of my favourite days of the year. I absolutely love pancakes, my favourite of all the toppings that I have tried is good ol' sugar and lemon juice!

It was always a challenge when I was in primary school to go home and eat as many as your little tummy could handle and then brag about it the next day at school.  I am pretty sure there was a considerable amount of truth bending afoot across the country, but its funny what you remember! No coincidence my memory is a food related one!

Anyway, white sugar isn't on my list of things I am consuming at the minute so that little favourite was out of the window and I wanted to try and make the naughtiness a little more nutritious if I could, so Tom got on and made some spelt flour American style pancakes. These are a lot thicker than pancakes we traditionally have in the UK and my god, they are amazing! So light and fluffy too which I didn't expect.  The spelt wholegrain adds a considerable amount of flavour to the mixture too, I could happily eat them without any additional flavour as a savoury snack... But I had already reserved the relevant macros through the day and banana and maple syrup was the order of the evening... And what a good shout that was


A couple of sneaky little date pieces on there too! 

I was going to update you all on my poorly back situation but I'm shattered and need to sleep, I'm getting there though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment