Sunday 9 March 2014

Wedding rooms and doing things

Back to a weekend of normal madness at last. Friday evening we went and welcomed our new nephew into the family, my sister had a beautiful little boy and nibling number 3 for us from my side at least. Nibling is a great collective term for nieces and nephews, we had to look around for it and it is basically something someone made up, but i think its really cute so I'm going with it.  Apparently the collective noun used to be nephews, but apparently that has been obsolete for years.

Saturday, we did then horses early and nipped over to Macclesfield to pick up some more material for table decorations and Tom started feeling a little ropey; loads of viruses are flying around at the moment and he always seems quite welcoming to the bugs. I was selfishly gutted as I wanted to take the bike out this weekend, missing two weekends in a row after getting a taste for it did nothing to impress me! So I packed him of to bed when we got back whilst I go on with chores around the house. We were booked in for another massage in the afternoon though so I had to wake him up unfortunately and amazingly, he was so much better.

As always, the massage was amazing. I wasn't in a great way but not as bad as I expected to be. My shoulders were tight as normal, but the area over my hip that was really sore the week I was really bad, was fine which surprised me. The right side of my bank was really tight which Olivia expected' having that massaged was brilliant, them onto my legs and WOW! I can tell that I haven't been doing my foam roller for a week or so, my quads and my TFL were bloody miserable! I could happily be massaged for hours every day if I could afford it! Tom was pretty tight too, his shoulders and his calves especially, I think he can blame running home from the train on Thursday night for that! It was his leaving do and the taxi didn't show to get him home so he thought a 2 mile jog was in order!

We went from here to watch Jack Whitehall at the MEN arena in Manchester, he's a British comedian and was very good, it many we got home fairly late though so we planned to have a heady lie in until 7 this morning!

Today was ring fitting, we are so excited about or wedding rings. Unsurprisingly, we didn't want to go for the norm and we decided that we wanted wooden rings. They don't seem to be a big deal around here so Tom contacted the local wood turning society and we went to see the chairman. His work is absolutely amazing and the different selections of wood that he had were fantastic, Tom has decided and I couldn't chose so I'm having 3 done! He doesn't take money for any of his work, he sells it all for charity.

The weather this weekend has been awesome, especially today. Beautiful sunshine and really warm, I even had my arms out for the first time in ages. After ring fitting, we nipped home and grabbed a slice of the spelt loaf I made in the morning (super tasty if I do say so myself ) then straight out for the first ride out of the year, after they, straight put on the bikes! We did 14 miles and I felt good, we were hoping to go a bit further but I could feel my psoas tightening up a bit and didn't want to push it. I am now officially pooped!


The texture was almost crumpet like, yummy!


That big bright thing is the sun I have heard people speak of :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment