Thursday 5 December 2013

A yummy little surprise

Well, not really a surprise as I ordered it; but still yummy


We have Quinoa in the red and black variety, it's somewhat of an elusive beast in shops around me so it had to be ordered online.  Along with it there are some cacao nibs, again as rare in the shops of Manchester as a bikini in Iceland! And whilst I was on there, I got some cacao butter too.  So far, I have had the nibs in my yoghurt and mixed into some overnight oats and I love them.  A slightly strange experience by themself, but I absolutely love the texture.  I only ordered a little bag as I didn't know if I would like them, I will be ordering a bigger bag next time.  I got the cacao butter as it is meant to be amazing for your skin, I just need to find out how to get it on there as it is totally solid.  It smells fantastic and it's taste is pretty mild and very creamy, almost silky.

I had my second yoga PT with Danny this morning, we went for the hour and it was a killer! He's been going to sessions in the week and practicing and had a great session ready to hit me with.  It pretty much worked the entire body and there were some killer holds, it's these that really get the blood pumping and the heart pounding.  It amuses me that we are both stood there, bustin some moves that to the untrained eye, basically look like nothing, yet we are huffing and puffing and merrily sweating our asses of. Love it! We did some moves that are great for strengthening the lower back too and I was pretty pathetic, we are going to ensure that no matter what else we do in a session, we will always do lower back.

I got a text from Martin the other day, my other PT that left recently and I was gutted.  He is taking some sessions on Monday in the gym so I have booked myself in for that! Pretty excited, will see how I have been doing whilst left to my own devices! 

Sports massage and manipulation.

I had the afternoon off work today so booked myself in for a sports massage and then an chiropractor appointment with David.  My knee has been bothering me again so thought I should just get checked out even though I was only there a couple of weeks ago.

They ask you to fill out a form that includes questions like: what area are you having problems with? My entire body When did you first notice this? I can't remember not having problems What causes your pain? life 

Poss not the answers she was expecting.  Anyway, she cracked on and got stuck in. I absolutely love sports massage and will defo make a point of going more often, she really got into my sub scapula area and the tops of my shoulders (can't remember the name of the muscle) were really knotted.  Also, unsurprisingly, my ITB's were pretty damned sore, but she said they weren't dramatically bad.  The right side was far worse than the left though.  She said my quads and ham strings were beautifully soft and smooth and complimented me on the tone and shape of my legs. Woop!! 

Cacao butter update! 

It melts with the warmth of your skin, we are now two little greasy balls. It smells soooo good!



No comments:

Post a Comment