Sunday 1 December 2013

Well, that wasn't so bad

The hangover has been bearable, although it has to be said that I didn't enjoy the drink as much as I thought I would.  It was a great catch up with Tom's brother and sister-in-law, we went to watch the rugby league final at Old Trafford. The game was incredibly boring actually, which was a shame but we mooched into Manchester and had a few drinks and some food. We got the last train back and I insisted that we walk home to burn some calories, it's only about 2 miles, but when you're a little bit rough around the edges it's a loooong 2 miles. I haven't braved the scales today, should be interesting in the morning! 

We have also achieved quite a bit today which is a surprise, we started the day off with a little exercise in the form of us racing each other around the kitchen table whilst pushing my niece and nephew along in boxes! They were squealing with delight whilst my ham strings and glutes were screaming! It was really quite hard work and actually made me feel quite sick. I then went on to shave Sammy and Milo, this makes my lower back go numb. It must cause a nerve to be pinched in my lower back when I am leaning over at that height, not great.  

We had our lentil soup thing that we love for lunch and then headed over to the horses so I could clip Millie and ride. I absolutely hate clipping, getting covered in little tiny flecks of spikey hair for over an hour; in your eyes and up your nose.. Not nice, but worth it for the end result! 




She's starting to lose all the weight she had wedged on over the summer, which makes my life considerably easier! 

For tea I tried something new. We quite often have quorn sausages and chicken pieces, but we bought some mince the other day and I made it into a cottage pie tonight with sweet potato topping. It wasn't my finest triumph, I used corn flour to thicken it and I should've used gravy granules really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment