Thursday 28 November 2013

Looking forward to lunch already!


I love it when I make a lunch that has me looking forward to it from the moment I make it. Tbh, I am always pretty excited about the stuff that I make but, sometimes definitely more so! I thought I would try water frying the prawns, I combined them with garlic and ginger and water frying them meant that they stayed beautifully tender.  It didn't smell great so I was quite concerned it was going to be ruined, far from it.  Water frying is just what it says on the tin, you put a small amount of water in and away you go. I then finely sliced some chestnut mushrooms and dry fried these in the remnants of the prawns until they were browned. I then cooked my latest obsession of courgette ribbons and leeks, all added together with tomatoes and peppers.  I love veg, you get so much back for so few calories! 


Everything but the courgette and leek, you wouldn't have been able to see a thing otherwise! Below is the pan full of courgette and leek, this by itself is about 80 calories! Bargain



Tea tonight was amazeballs ;-) another Thomas triumph, he wasn't convinced though as it had dried fruit in it, which he really doesn't like.  It was a Nigel 'girly hands' slater recipe, green lentils and Cous Cous with dates, lemon juice, roasted cashews and raisins. I could definitely have that for lunch as will still taste amazing cold.


 In fact, it would go perfectly with those prawns! 

Today's pains!

Going crazy with the bold type again ;-) I'm basically in a considerable amount of pain today, my knees are bloomin killing me and they are sore to any pressure at all, crouching is not pleasant, nor is walking down the stairs. All around the tops of my legs is sore and my back is occasionally complaining.  So, what I thought I would do is wreck my upper body in this mornings session; tomorrow should be fun! I have been fighting off a cold all week, everyone in work is sick at the minute so I wouldn't be surprised if I do get something. This may not be helping my joints etc, all my limbs feel so heavy! Oh well, can't afford to be sick a I don't get paid, so off to bed! Night night







No comments:

Post a Comment