Wednesday 20 November 2013

Sack my sacroiliac joint!

Finally I went and had my back done and its my SI joint on the left side that's the issue, somehow I had totally mashed it up. Clearly that's a non-technical term there, David found it really quite strange as I still felt really strong in all the proprioception tests, which is unusual and the pain radiating into my groin is quite an advanced sign of SI pain too! All my symptoms fit and he could feel how displaced it was, it had also caused my right SI joint to drop down and inwards which was restricting my right leg movement somewhat.  Not like me to make a mess of myself without trying!!

Danny, one of the PT's that recently left the gym to go on the cruise ships has just come back as he really didn't like it. Whilst he was away he learnt how to teach basic yoga. Perfect, I have asked him to give me some PT session of yoga to begin with and then introduce some strength work too.  I have my first session tomorrow.

Tom has been experimenting with his cooking this week, he has gone through what we have in stock already and mastered the menu around it. We had spicy beef burgers on Monday, which were amazing. Last night was an absolutely incredible butternut squash and pearly barley recipe, it can be found on the BBC website.  And tonight we had a naughty calorie night which was a yummy Gruyere and leek soufflĂ© and a mug brownie. The latter was because I have wanted to make one for ages and someone posted a link on Facebook!! It is the easiest and most amazing creation on the planet and all I can advise is for you to never, ever make one! Its just asking for trouble.  Normally, bone idleness stops me making a cake; now I can make a mini cake it 3 mins, start to finish!! I'm still well in my calories though as I made sure I saved a big hunk of them for tonights tea and I was quite under on Monday and Tuesday. Next challenge is to work out a lower, healthier alternative!

I have also stumbled across a new tasty treat that isn't so unhealthy, I spotted it whilst mooching about on instagram, which is a great place for meal ideas. Popped quinoa! You literally just heat up a pan and quickly heat the grains whilst shaking it around and away they go. Super tasty, nutty treat that could be used on just about anything. I have used it in tomorrows lunch of chickpeas and tuna and it really adds a great amount to a very simple dish.

Here is the pearl barley and butternut squash dish. Tom added some turkey to it too.


Its such a creamy dish, so addictive too! We will definitely be having that again. Pearl barley is one of my favourites anyway, which helps. I think Tom is now a convert too; job done!

A little bowl of popped quinoa. The dish I saw on instagram was a chocolate bark type thing, it just prompted me to investigate the popped quinoa.


Super duper soufflé! Excuse the mats, I really need to work on the composition of my food shots. People make their plates and layouts look so pretty and appealing on instagram, mine look far from that! I know it has no bearing on the taste, but reading this, you can't taste it anyway!

 

Pretty impressive for any attempt, let alone a first attempt!

And now, the beauty that is a cup full of unhealthy naughtiness


No comments:

Post a Comment