Wednesday 27 November 2013

Green loveliness

Whilst not strictly in keeping with my normal diet, I always have and always will love, love, love green pasta.  I know it's not whole grain and is simply spinach dyed white pasta but I just fancied it.  I made it with courgette ribbons, wild mushrooms, leeks and garlic, win a drizzle of olive oil. YUMMY

 
I could merrily eat this all day long. I love the red pasta too but have never found that on its own.

I have actually made it for lunch again tomorrow! I do like to have my faddy moments.  I have made some more overnight quinoa too but it's a batch I bought from Waitrose, it just doesn't seem to cook the same, and I have run out of almond milk to cook it in so had to use normal milk, which is so much harder to heat up as it boils much more viciously.

I am still feeling the knee from the weekend and to add insult to injury, my leg session from yesterday has seized everything up, which doesn't help! I had to do the first 10 mins at 3.5 as my left hip flexors were so sore, it took me half an hour and a rant at Daybreak on the TV before I loosened up! I felt good after that, I didn't have chance to do any stretching though as I couldn't be bothered to pack my bags last night, which made me late this morning. 

I was looking at the fridge tonight and wondering at how different the food in it is from this time last year, i find a great deal of satisfaction in a good looking, full fridge.  There is one item I can see in there that is really naughty and pointless and that is cordial. I am yet to find a decent replacement for this! 

                       
I have also just noticed the Lurpack, I cant actually remember the last time this was used! I would find it really quite interesting to have a nosey in people's fridges; I need to get out more! 

Not a great deal to report back on today, outside of the usual pain update! I will leave you with one last thing that amused me no end whilst I was in Tesco earlier, I don't even think it needs explanation! 








No comments:

Post a Comment