Sunday 24 November 2013

In the blink of an eye

Another amazing weekend is done and dusted!! Yesterday, I spent the day being a supporter instead of being the supported for a change.  Tom took part in the 10k mousdashe run, a charity event in aid of prostate cancer and mental health awareness.  The name comes from the fact that it's Movember and everyone had stink on moustaches, even the women; great fun.



                                

The run was held in Platt Fields park in Manchester, this was a fun little mural on the wall of one of the buildings. I always like it when there is an area of green and touch of countryside in the middle of a town, it's like a little bit of escape. 


And then there's me! Removing it also removed most of my skin, right sticky little beggar!




Here he is, digging deep onto his last 5k.  He did a great time of 53mins 21, he was aiming for a hour as he has only been training for 3 weeks and he was sick all last week so didn't do anything! 




Today we went out for a walk with Nic, we left the location and planning up to her and she informed me it was a fairly straight forward walk so I assumed Tom would be ok with his legs being sore from the run, unfortunately, it wasn't as straight forward as we had all assumed! It took us around 3hrs 15 and was pretty flipping hard! Sammy was flagging about half way, but he did pick up.  We managed to stumble upon a pub for some sustenance, unfortunately, they didn't take cards! So we soldiered on and made it through! 

Worth it for the bleak beauty of the moors



It was a great walk out, I love it when you get a touch of weather when your out and about. It was a bit drizzly and cold but was totally still; exhilarating to an extent.  My cheeks were on fire for a good hour or so after. We finished the day off with a late lunch at The Dun Cow, up the road from our house.  I had a small chicken salad like a good girl... then finished it off with a fairly sizeable sticky toffee pudding with custard!! Mmmmm this weekend won't have done my waistline any favours and from next weekend, we have something on every weekend up until new year!! The thought is actually bothering me quite a bit, I want to let my hair down and enjoy myself but I desperately don't want to pile the pounds back on! I wish I could cope with being around pissed people when I'm sober; I can't!! 

And last night, well, that deserves a post all of it own. Tom took me put for an early birthday meal, it was incredible... 

No comments:

Post a Comment