Monday 9 December 2013

As sure as eggs is eggs

Or is it? I was making 'healthy cookies' and my eggs were Chia seeds! You add water to them and they go to the consistency of eggs, great idea and less calorific, looks somewhat like frog spawn though! 


The rest of the cookies were coconut, mashed banana and cocoa powder... The result, not worth the effort tbh. They really didn't taste great and the texture wasn't brilliant either, quite gutted as they tasted pretty good before cooking.  I couldn't quite put my finger on why either, which is pretty annoying.

I also got to use my red quinoa, it cooks much bigger than the white quinoa and isn't quite such a strong taste.

 Pretty little tails!

 Tasty goo

The finished items, they look like burgers !! 


Ah well, lesson learned anyway. 

We were out in Manchester on Saturday, one of Tom's mates was over from Peterborough and we thought we would show him the delights of Manchester and the Xmas markets.  We also went to watch a potential wedding band who were brilliant, just need to see if they are available now! 

Unfortunately, the afternoon/evening drinking super strong beer did nothing for my health.  I felt dreadful when I went to bed and I felt no better through the night and the next day, my stomach took huge umbrage to our shenanigans and had no intention of letting me get away with it lightly.  

This weeks pain! 

I had a PT session this morning with Martin, the trainer that left a couple of months ago. It's was an absolute horror, he had me doing circuits of weighted squats, pull ups then clap push ups for 20 mins solid.  I really, really struggle with squats anyway; they are something I want to drastically improve and just don't seem to get very far.  Tbf, I haven't worked that much on them since Martin has gone and I need to get back on it.  He said I looked in good condition and my legs were showing some good form, which is always good to hear. I am now struggling horrifically, my sacroiliac joint has been screaming all day and I also have terrible tummy ache.  I needed to ride tonight though so I had to put up with the pain, it was Breeze and Lara's turn tonight and I can't lunge them due to one injury or another that they are carrying. 

When I first got on Breeze it was like someone had a blade in my pelvis every time she moved, it was really quite unpleasant.  I had to really concentrate on holding my weight using my core, otherwise it was unbearable and then all of a sudden the SI pain was gone! Obviously something had gone into spasm and riding opening up my SI joint helped release it.  It still a tiny bit sore but the majority of the pain is now in my lower back and stomach; which as a rule go hand in hand for me! I desperately want to be able to work out, pain free.  I really wish I knew why I was so flimsy, it's so damned frustrating.  Will be interesting to see what state I am in in the morning! I have ordered an SI belt to hopefully help me get through my latest useless body failure! 



No comments:

Post a Comment