Tuesday 18 February 2014

and it goes on...

The ankles/heels are still bothering me!! It feels like the start of tendonitis, so I am being extra careful about what exercise I do.  Its making for a little imagination for my workouts, which is great news!

I got to the gym this morning and something in my chest must've gone into spasm.  I had stabbing pains right behind my right boob and it hurt more every time I took a breath.  I get this from time to time, for it normally passes after a couple of breaths,  but this went on for a good 15mins.  I think it is all link to the pain I get in my sternum when I do certain tricep work, I must have some sort of inflammation in the cartilage that just isn't easing.  The strange thing is, I have  an incredibly sore boob now and if I put pressure on it, its agony.  I have regular mammograms as I am part of a genetic study as our family carries the BRCA1 cancer gene. This is the gene that has been highly publicised by Angelina Jolies double mastectomy. My next check is in two weeks, good timing. Always better to be paranoid with things like this!!

I'm feeling positive about my diet this week which is good, I'm back to enjoying it.  Salmon was on offer in Tesco yesterday, a whole side for £7.  It was at its sell by date but I just cut it up and froze it so, bargain!! That should keep me going for a while anyway.  Today I had it with courgette and leeks cooked in coconut oil, I treated myself to some brown shrimp too.. An indulgence but I love them!

My latest newly found love is Quark! I constantly trawl through instagram and a lot of people use quark on there, so I thought I would give it a go.  We had it last night with homemade turkey and chickpea burgers, which were beautiful and the quark just added a lovely bitter, sweet moistness.


I've used it for my lunch tomorrow too; mashed sweet potato with ground almond and quark. It tastes fantastic, it almost dessert like.  We will be giving it a test run as a cheesecake style thing! I am having it tomorrow with salmon and veg.

I am finding it fairly tricky to stay within my carbs now that I have changed them, I am having to put a little more effort into my breakfast.  I absolutely love my overnight oats, but need to shake it up a bit so that Tom isn't so restricted when he is making our teas! Tomorrow I am going to try scrambled eggs with quark and cinnamon.. No idea what they will taste like, I reckon pretty good though!!

Tonights tea was fantastic, courtesy of the ever imaginative and attentive week day chef, Mr Burgin. He made homemade fish fingers using pollack and rye breadcrumbs and then they were encased in sweet peppers. The fish was beautifully succulent and the rye breads bitter bitterness worked really well. 


I had an impressed with my body progress moment this morning. My lower abs are really starting to tighten up, I just wish the rest would hurry the heck up!! Got a quick pic on the fly, so not the best but you get the idea!!








No comments:

Post a Comment