Sunday 16 February 2014

Faith is restored

It didn't take me very long to pull my head out my a$$ after my little blip on Thursday night.  I went to the gym on Friday morning and just did a mix of all different exercises. I didn't target any specific muscle groups, I just avoided anything that would strain my Achilles and just had fun.

I think this is the problem, I had lost the fun from my workouts and that's bad news for me.  As much as I love to target areas, its really boring after so long so I need to shake it back up again.. Include the fit ball workouts as I love these and generally just workout in a fun way and if it targets an area then that's great, if it doesn't, it doesn't!

Feel good lunch on Friday was coconut oil fried organic king prawns, avocado and scrambled eggs..  A plate of lots of my favourite foods in one place!!


As always, I have decided to have a little shake up of my macros, my body just doesn't cope well with sugars at all so I have upped my fat allowance and reduced my carbs and I am going to go back to making a point of hitting my targets everyday rather than over the week, it just doesn't seem to work for me.  I felt great the week I was being really accurate with everything and make sure my protein was always bang on target too. I feel much more fatigued when I'm not making a point of doing that.

So, yesterday was an exciting day; I ventured into the world of road bikes.  As you may well know, Tom commutes to work and is soon to be commuting into the city center so will be passing my office daily.  As with everything either of us does, we always get incredibly jealous of each other, cycling in being one of the things I am jealous of!! So I decided that I would aim to do two days a week of my commute on the bike and as its a 32 mile round trip, I thought my £100 mountain bike may not be up to it.  Tom knows quite a bit about bikes from being around them most of his life and then researching them for his road bike, so he basically did all the discussing with the guys at Peak Cycles who are brilliant.  They really know their stuff and they have such great selections. I ended up going with one by the same manufacturer as Tom's, Focus the model I went for is the Culebro one; which is actually a 2012 model so I got an amazing deal. It's not a full carbon frame, but has carbon from forks and has amazing quality wheels and group sets (so I'm told) and as I am light, the better wheels make all the difference.

The weather was terrible yesterday, so an outing was off the cards, but today was so much nicer so we scheduled one in..  Amazing, it was such a fantastic ride and being on a bike like that made sooo much difference. I loved it, I simply cannot wait to get out on the road again! #bikegeek







No comments:

Post a Comment