Sunday 9 February 2014

Naughty!!!

I've been a little remiss with my diet this week. I have been careful with my meals as usual, but I have been picking when I get home... On DATES! I can't get enough of them, good ol' sugar fix that I had persuaded myself was ok because it isn't refined sugar.. Well, I won't be making that mistake this week, I weighed myself and I have put on 2lbs. I know that may not seem like much, but if I carried that on it would be a good half a stone in a month and I'm not having that.  My aim this year was to strip the body fat down further, not add to it.  Lesson learned, I genuinely can't take my eye off the game without putting weight on.  It's not a surprise to me though, it's always been the same so I just need to rein myself back in.

We've had a great food weekend and we have also made some progress with the DIY stuff we need to get done for the wedding, dropped ky wedding dress of for the start of the adjustments and have started the ball rolling on getting my new bike!!!

Bike fitting properly will be next weekend, I purchased all my kit (who doesn't love getting new kit?) and went and sat on a couple of bikes so the guy at Peak Cycles, where Tom got his bike from, could see what geometry style suited me.  My legs are quite long and I have a fairly short body but he now has an idea of the ones that would be good for me and he is going to bring a selection into the shop next weekend and we can have a play.  I have bought some proper cycle shoes and cleats so that should be interesting. I have never used them so should be able to make a total twat out of myself at least!

Tom mad some turkey breast burgers, I can't remember what day in the week but I don't think I have mentioned them and they defo need a mention. We had them in sweet potato 'buns' and they were flavoured with a tikka massalla spice blend that we have.  Absolutely amazing, it all worked so incredibly well and 1- good source of clean, low fat protein and 2 - cheaper than other mince you can get.


The hens at the farm have been doing us proud, my breakfast yesterday was incredible.  I had poached eggs on rye bread with blueberries and cinnamon. It was incredible, the yokes on proper free range eggs are just unbeatable by anything shop bought, even ones that claim to be free range. So that was a great feel good start to the day! 


Lunch was a super tasty, colourful affair. I had some some bacon steak, I haven't had bacon for a while so that in itself was a treat.  Stir fried this with some chilli, sugar free whole grain mustard and some mustard seeds.. It had quite some kick to it too!! I love colourful food, it makes it even more satisfying.


I have so much more to write about but its getting late and I need to pack my gym bag for the morning so I will finish off telling you all about my wonderful food tomorrow, but I do just want to share my first experience eating out now that I am avoiding sugar free.

I think because my dad has been making such a big deal about saying I'm obsessed with it and its ridiculous, that I was a little bit nervous about asking stuff and I was apologetic to the waiter for asking questions about sauces, which I am annoyed with myself for.  I feel it is a good thing I am doing and I don't feel ashamed of it and I'm not sorry for asking the questions I did.. So next time, I won't feel ashamed at all.  

What I did ascertain was that the starter I wanted had a sauce on it that contained sugar, so I went without.  My main of choice was cod in a home made breaded crust, with homemade tartare sauce and whilst this didn't contain sugar, I opted to go without as I didn't know exactly what was in it. This was supposed to come with chips but I just asked for a salad, which I was pretty impressed with.  It wasn't just a pile of leaves like most places would send out. 

Any way, until tomorrow.  I shall leave you with a pic of the sunrise from my early morning ride on Lara yesterday, love this time of day
















No comments:

Post a Comment