Thursday 20 February 2014

I only frickin did it!!

I have been trying for a few weeks now to do a yoga headstand.. My understanding of it was that its all about the control so you don't push up into it, you pull up into it.  The instructions that I read about it said you will feel like your legs sort of float up.  Finally yesterday I got that feeling and I managed it. I was really impressed with my stability once up there and I managed to start to feel out some of the hollow back stuff I have seen being done.  I tried it again today with the same results.  Pretty excited about it tbh, it feels like my first major breakthrough.  Small things!!

My sternum pain has increased somewhat, I think I need to start icing it.  I have tried stretching it out but it doesn't seem to be helping.  It seems to have radiated out into my intercoastal muscles around that area now, which is a pain.  Its funny how much more worried I get about a pain that I have never had to manage before. I imagine its going to be something that will stop me doing the things I love.  I would be absolutely crushed if I couldn't exercise and my latest love of all things yoga was brought to an abrupt end. I am fully aware that the fact I am stretching my body beyond its normal (for me) range is going to result in aches and pains and I am more than willing to nurture that as long as it doesn't take too long!

I have managed to make my back ache from the hollow back work and general back strength work I have been doing, so I think I have earned myself a day off tomorrow!! Shock horror, Sarah takes a day off!!

On the plus side, my heels seem to be improving dramatically.  I have made a point of wearing semi high heels at work to shorten up the Achilles and other tendons in that area and made sure at night, instead of my slippers, I have been wearing my walking boots.  I think this is just resting them enough.  I have postponed my PT from this Friday to next Thursday as I didn't want yo aggravate them whilst they are still in recovery!!

I did come on to blog about something else, but I can't for the life of me remember!! Must've been a lie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment