Saturday 22 February 2014

Spoke too soon

My back is horrific, that'll teach me to assume its not too bad. I can't sit or stand straight without being in a considerable amount of pain and not even codine is touching it.  Its a thousand times better in the morning and gradually tightens up through the day.

I had a hot water bottle on it all afternoon which eased it a little but its starting to hurt again now I've been up for a couple of hours. I have come down to the horses to basically supervise Tom, not because I don't trust him but whilst the girls are only going out on the weekends they can be somewhat of a handful if not worked first.  He was absolutely fine though, I forget how much stronger and heavier he is than me!

I have had to cancel my dress fitting, I'm gutted!! But I need to be able to stand up straight to get it right.. Not impressed.
I have a sports massage this morning, so hopefully she will be able to get into whatever muscle has gone into spasm and I have also contacted David, my chiro, to see when he can fit me in as an emergency. 

I absolutely hate this, it terrifies me that it may be something that keeps me out of action for months and all my hard work goes out of the window! Fingers crossed this is just a strain and I will be back to it in a week.  We were supposed to take the girls out for a ride this morning as the weather is good fora change, that's not happened.  We were supposed to be taking the bikes out again, that's not going to happen!! Damn it

On the plus side, spring is just around the corner. The snow drops and crocuses are flowering and you can smell the air changing.  I love the spring, its so full of promise and at the same time, you don't expect too much of it as its spring, not summer and anything is better than the dark, cold gloom of winter!



I am now sat wrapped up, leaning against the sofa with a freezing ice pack on my back but loving a nice Turmeric, ginger, extra virgin olive oil and black pepper milk! Lots of lovely natural anti inflammatory ingredients... Other than the milk, just didn't fancy just an infusion. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment