Monday 3 February 2014

Tasty weekend

We started the weekend with a trip out to do wedding things.  We went to the Fent shop, our local fabric shop. We were after some samples for table cloth material, runners, curtains and seat covers and all in all, it was an incredibly successful weekend.  I get really excited about how amazing our wedding is going to be when we go on little outings like this and the band that we have chosen were playing in our local wine bar on Friday night and Facebook was littered with people saying how awesome they were; can't wait!! It really is going to be the celebration we want it to be and the more it comes to life, the more I realise just how perfectly it fit Tom and me!

We then spent sat afternoon at my sisters, she is 4 weeks of her due date of her third child and her husband has gone skiing (that's not as bad as it sounds), so we offered to spend sat with her and the kids to give her a break.  I decided I would give the kids a try with a sugar free treat, so I went with the paleo cheesecake we had the weekend before, its the one that has courgette in the main part.  Jo made it last time so I had no concept of exactly what went in it. Wow, some serious maple syrup!

Em was impressed, Tom absolutely loves it and the kids were not impressed! It is super tasty, the chocolate sauce is incredible but it really is a treat only dessert, but aren't they all!!


I also had my first attempt at making gluten free bread.  It was super easy, just almond meal, eggs and baking powder.  I also added a ripe banana that I had and some flax seeds. It was really good actually, a bit cakey but would be great as a snack and to curb a bread craving.


Brekkie was hob cooked porridge with home made almond butter, yummy!! Quite a fat heavy weekend but it all actually balanced out in the end.  We finished it off with more wedding prep, removing glue from tin cans!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment