Monday 3 February 2014

Orthorexia

There is a label for being obsessive over clean and healthy eating. My dad decided yesterday that that was what I was suffering from, and today at work there was the suggestion being banded about too.. In a semi joking way I might add! So, I did some reading and its not something I am suffering with!

Whilst I am trying to cut down on processed crap and refined sugar, it isn't having a negative impact on my life in any way, shape or form. I don't feel like I'm missing out, it isn't making it awkward to eat out, its not causing a problem in my home life and I certainly wouldn't starve myself if all that was available was processed food.

There was one site I was reading and there was a big debate after the article and it was basically a slanging match between the people that like eating processed food and those who don't.  The one thing that I learnt about myself from reading this is that I am way too judgemental of other people's diets so that is something I am going to change.  Whilst it was always born from me wanting them to benefit the way I have, fundamentally, it is still none of my business.


No comments:

Post a Comment