Tuesday 14 January 2014

A day of tasty morsals

So, after realising I had been making quite an error when it comes to my nutrient balance, today was the first day of trying to get it right.

My hardest challenge appears to be getting the calories without exceeding the fat! Admittedly, the ripe avocado's that I am working through aren't helping me here.  Granted, this is good fat, but it is fat nonetheless. The amount of saturated fat I am allowing myself is really easy to reach too, especially when you have a new found taste for full fat yogurt!! I appreciate that fat is a requirement of a healthy diet, so I won't be getting hugely hung up on it, they are guidelines at the end of the day and I am now aware.

I started off by just having corn cakes for breakfast without the cashew butter, even though this is packed full of great energy, I have avocado that is perfectly ripe so have had to swap! My post gym breakfast was berries and full fat yogurt. I have gone for Lancashire Farms bio yogurt and it's incredible!!


Doesn't look too amazing, but was fantastic with a good puff of cinnamon.

My snacks were fine beans, runner beans and celery. Not the most amazing snacks I have ever experienced but something to tide me over! Lunch was beautiful, avocado, tomato and toasted rye bread.  I love the combo of rye bread and avocado, I do believe they were made for each other! The colours were outstanding too.



And tea consisted of an amazing Thai style turkey stir fry, all fresh ingredients prepared by the beautiful chef Thomas! And it consisted of less than 200 calories! Oops, still miles off my newly adjusted calories, in fact miles off diet calories too!! Calling the trusty quorn sausages. Great source of protein and very little fat, perfect to bump up my protein and a little bit more towards my calories.  I am still low on my protein so I am having to give in and have some of Tom's hemp protein powder, as I am a little over my saturated fat, I am going to have to mix it with water. Its pretty gross as it is, its going to be even worse with water!!

Its really tough following these guidelines, but as I already know, it will be worth every second of the struggle and I love reviewing my diet to and trying to improve it in any way I can! 

So, after all of this, this is what I have come out with : 




No comments:

Post a Comment