Wednesday 15 January 2014

Feel the fear!

I would love to be able to enjoy leg day, but I just spend the entire time worrying that I am going to hurt myself.  If I am going to injure myself, this tends to be the way I do it.

I attempted some weighted back squats today, nice and deep.  I haven't braved them since I obliterated my sacroiliac joint in one of the PT sessions I did.  I was ok doing it with just the Olympic bar and then I added 5 to each side and I could feel it straight away.  Its my form, it just turns to sh1t the min I increase the weight and then when I am pushing back up from the very bottom, my pelvis becomes unstable and I dont push up straight.  I spoke to Martin, the PT who set me doing this and he doesnt want me to avoid it, but at the same time, I just can't face being injured the way I was last time.  I want to work on my technique at a weight I am happy with, I have nothing to lose by taking my time and everything to lose by pushing it.

I also did some work on the leg press, making sure that on the extension I pushed out through my heels.  I do it by slightly raising my toes.  I do normal width and closed legs.  I also did single leg raises, I am gradually increasing the weight on these and I can really feel them improving.  The workout area was heaving again this morning so getting on the machines was a little frustrating, I spent some time on the wobble plate, working on my balance through my core and pelvic stability as well as squatting on in, which was fun. Finished off with 10 mins hill climb on the spin bike.. Pretty sure I am going to feel that in the morning!!

So my learning curve on my nutrient balancing continues.  I love that it has made me rethink my meals, quorn is definitely going to be my friend on this quest, it ticks all the boxes really.  Breakfast tomorrow is cottage cheese and corn thins. Cottage cheese is a great protein source without being too high in saturated fat, even in the full fat version.

Lunch is something I am pretty excited about having. I have made a tomato and cucumber salsa and I am having it with salmon and toasted rye bread. Mmmm


I am having quorn sausages as snacks for the day. It means I can get my protein up without affecting my fats


I have been having to top up my protein with the hemp protein powder that Tom bought, I just dont seem to be able to hit it without going right over on my fat.  So tonight I also added in some chia seeds for extra protein and the benefit of not being high in Omega 3 too.  I am sort of getting used to the taste and it is what I need!!  Looks rank though!

Tea was an interesting one, I was really short on protein and none saturated fat, but pretty much nothing else. So I had 2 quorn chicken style breasts, which are super yummy, and made an egg white omelette with toasted cashews and flavoured with garam massala and chili flakes.  It was actually really enjoyable! I really like the idea of eating for targets but making it taste good too, it a more challenge all of my own.  






No comments:

Post a Comment