Thursday 16 January 2014

We're a funny breed!

Its interesting how some people see my wanting to eat and live healthily as something a little bit OTT and I guess, annoying. I'm not sure what it is they find so irritating, I dont make a point of talking about it unless someone engages me in it first.  You get the usual "what's the point, why not just enjoy yourself" comments. But the problem is, I absolutely love living like this.  I get so much satisfaction from taking the time to plan my food, to see what I can get from it and also loving every meal that I have.  It not like I have to force it down me and it causes me huge amounts of distress. As anyone who has read my blog from the start will know, nothing but good has come from this new life and it has changed my opinion of myself and the world I live in for me.  So, I think if people took the time to stop being het up about it, they would actually be impressed rather than, what I can only assume is threatened in some way.  I know that sounds arrogant but I dont mean it to, I think people who are aware that they could be healthier but dont have the motivation to do so, just see me as a constant reminder. Yet, I have no issue if someone is happy and healthy on the path they have chosen, but these people are generally impressed by my drive and commitment!!

I had my yoga PT with Danny this morning and he took my body fat measurements before we started.  Bicep and illiac crest were impressive at 4 and 3 respectively, but as expected, my blooming tricep and subscapular readings were DREADFUL! 17 and 11 respectively there, the difference between my bicep and tricep are ridiculous!! Danny was pretty surprised by this reading, that's for sure.  I just carry a big pad and the head of my triceps, and always have! I think that was what my measurements were when Liam last took my reading.  Anyway, I am 23% which was around where I expected.  We input my readings into the men's calcs first and it had me at 17%! Oh yeah, read it and weep boys

Felt pretty good in yoga, by balance is still quite a way off but improving all the time.  Danny was trying to get me to do kick backs from downward dog into plank, and I was bloody useless. He is always really bouncy so pulled it off really well, I on the other hand, was hilariously pathetic! Something else to work on though.  He has created a great sequence for me to work on and I really could feel it working the weaknesses in my legs and feet, which is great news.

I enjoyed all my eating today, I felt satisfied and at no point did it make me sleepy, which is a bonus of course.  Tomorrow I am treating myself to some overnight oats and cacao powder with pink grapefruit and then for lunch I have red quinoa and TWO, yes TWO, free range boiled eggs in their entirity!


Breakfast combo was a little strange, even by my standards, but I actually really enjoyed it.  Cottage cheese, blackberries and corn thins.


And another masterpiece from Tom for tea. Quorn steak strips and egg fried rice. This is the first time I have had this type of quorn, it smells like wet dog when it is being cooked and the smell took some getting used to, but then it was really very tasty.  Slightly higher in saturated fat than normal quorn though.

I have had a little walk around the quays where I work for the last two lunch breaks, mainly because I had errands to run, but it was really enjoyable. Unfortunately, one of my little errands bought me face to face with this:


I absolutely love galaxy!!  I miss it less than I love feeling good though! 

 I have said to one of the guys who is trying to get healthy and lose a considerable amount of weight, that we can go for a wander on the days he is in the office.  He really needs to get out walking and it does me and my stiff flexors good to be up and moving!





No comments:

Post a Comment