Wednesday 22 January 2014

AMAZING

That's how I felt at the gym this morning.  I wanted to do some low intensity cardio this morning as I wanted a carb heavy day; I will explain this shortly.  I expected to be sore and stiff for the first half an hour, as this is what normally happens and I had fairly sore legs from leg day anyway.. However, this was most definitely not the case.  I felt so string and free, I managed to sustain 7 + for about 45mins on a 4 incline. I'm not sure why exactly I felt so strong, but there are a couple of possibilities. Firstly, yesterday I had a protein heavy day; again I will explain this later, and secondly, I have been concentrating a lot on my pelvic flexibility recently and I have a feeling that this is the most likely reason.  Being less restricted in my pelvis allows my legs to move in a less impaired gait, in theory there should be much less strain on joints as the impact will be absorbed more evenly due to the leg tracking much straighter. This in turn allows the stride to be stronger and fatigue greatly reduced.

So, back to the food comments.  I decided that I really wanted to have some hardcore carbs for once, something I never really do as they are so calorific. As I am starting to view my macro's over the week, I thought I would give it a go with cycling them.  Yesterday was protein day and today carb.  I dont even know where to start with fat if I'm honest, so I haven't tried.  As a result, I have noticed a couple of quite significant affects that I'd never even considered.  My decision was initially purely greed driven.  Yesterday morning through to most of the day I felt really quite bloated, it started around 10.30am.  I continued to feel bloated for most of the day and thought that I wouldn't be able to ride, but by the time I got to the horses it had eased.

Lunch was a combo of some of my favourite things and was incredibly tasty.  I didn't feel it was missing anything really but then I did have avocado, which obviously isn't renowned for its protein, but it does have lots of tasty fat in it! Couldn't resist.



Tea was a bad ass egg white omelette with salmon and good old peas.  The salmon fillet was one of the ones that you get ready frozen, I have tried these a number of time but they just aren't as nice as buying a side of salmon and portioning it up for freezing, it seems to be much more fishy and a totally different shape.  Not sure why, Tom thinks that maybe they are smaller fish and that possibly affects the taste.. I dont know why, but it is the only obvious difference. 

I was crazy excited about my food today.  Breakfast was toasted rye bread, cashew butter and banana... So amazing.


Lunch was dates, rice, craisins, cashews and peas.. Sounds a little random but was very, very tasty! Forgot to snap it though I'm afraid. And tea was one of my favourite little treats; pasta and pesto!! Wooo, spoilt. 

The possible affect of today was extreme fatigue! I had a massive fatigue headache and felt totally drained with really heavy limbs by the end of the day.  I still feel headachey now tbh. I dont know if both of these physical symptoms are as a direct result of the macro balance but it is definitely something I would like to investigate further and I'm pretty convinced it is, after all, different food creates different chemical reactions in the body.  I am going to do the same thing either next week or the week after so that I can see.  If this is the case, it means that I will be changing my ratios to up the protein and decrease the carbs... Fun times! 

I am also back down to my pre Christmas weight, that last couple of pounds were incredibly difficult to shift! 


No comments:

Post a Comment