Wednesday 1 January 2014

It's good to be back!

Its been great today, not stuffing my face and eating rubbish; I'm not going to lie, it has been pretty hard as far as wanting to pick goes as I have been revising most of the afternoon. I had to settle myself on rice cakes, which is tough when there is a massive bowl of cheesy mash in the fridge that is left over from my parents NYE party.

We did our measurements today, it wasn't pretty, even if it was expected.  I have put an inch and a half on round my waist and an inch on around my hips.. and don't I know it.  We went to my sisters last night as she was having a bit of a party and I just could not find any clothes that I was comfortable in.  That hasn't happened to me for such a long time and was one of the most notable things that I love about losing weight, so a great reminder for me of at least one of the reasons behind all the effort!

Tom got a pasta maker for his secret santa present so he made us some fresh pasta yesterday, we couldn't find any wholemeal pasta flour though so unfortunately we had to make white; but it is a work in progress anyway as not something either of us have ever done before.

Not the most uniform bunch of pasta and I doubt they would let us into Master Chef off the back of it, but its a start!
















A plate of yummyness! We had some Chorizo sausages left that we needed to use before today (not diet food!) just added some peas and olive oil and hey presto, it was super tasty and the pasta was fantastically smooth.  Its a shame it takes soooo long to make it!

I made a new batch of cashew butter yesterday too, it went a little bit wrong in that it decided to go crazy whilst I was blending it and ended up oozing out underneath the container part of the blender and made a right good sticky mess, almost impossible to get out of the nooks and crannies of everything.   I have no idea what made it do it, the only thing i can think is that I blitzed it for a little while longer and maybe that was enough.  The blade top has also decided to wear away and bits of plastic shavings were everywhere... not entirely sure what to make of that, hopefully I haven't totally busted it!



Lunches are made in preparation for getting back to work tomorrow.. boooo! I have gone for some grated carrot as I thought I would like a bit of crunch to go with the rest.  That is going with garlic mushrooms, dry fried courgette ribbons and sliced leeks, a few cherry tomatoes and some grilled salmon.  The Salmon is missing of this pic as it was taking forever to cook and I was getting impatient!


I'm trying something slightly different for breakfast, I have some egg whites, cottage cheese and the rest of the salmon that I cooked; not totally new for me but I haven't had anything like that in a while!

I have pics, I need to create a new stats page though so its clearer from this year.  I don't have time to do it atm as I need to concentrate on my revision; I will get something updated in a couple of weeks once that is out of the way; or I may do it on a break from revision at the weekend but it depends what else I have to do.. no rest for the wicked; but for cutie pies like Sammy, that's all there is! 










No comments:

Post a Comment