Saturday 18 January 2014

Killer 3!!!

As I say about everything, there is always a 3 involved.  In this case it is the dreaded 3 week craving hell! It happens every time I stop drinking and eating crap after a bad binge.  Everything makes me wants to get all things unhealthy and stuff them in my face!!

Me giving up refined sugar is no mean feat. I have a crazy sweet tooth, and no matter how much I try and persuade myself; there is no substitute for the good stuff!! I honestly wish there was, but there isn't!!  I am of the wondering at the minute, about cheat days. I can't decide if I will see it as cheating myself out of a challenge or a good reward!  I'm torn, between the want to abstain and the want to indulge! What I could do is have a day every now and again where I sack of my calorie and macro counting and indulge in freshly made goodness, without refined sugar or crappy additives.  So I could have raw chocolate, I could have nuts, I could have frozen yogurt without sugar, sugar free brownies... You get the picture anyway, I could eat at will but with some thought... I could even make my own bread and have an amazing sandwich; one of my all time favourite indulgences that bumps towards 700ish calories... Undecided

Sore hamstrings are today's hamper, I have found a sport massage therapist who also massages horses and she will come to the house after massaging Millie and massage Tom and me.  The plan is for Thursday and then go from there.  No idea how much yet but I have felt really good still, even after bumping chiro on another fortnight so I think I may bump it on a couple more, I feel at the min that I would benefit more from massage than manipulation.

We had a 'healthy' full English this morning.  Turkey rashers (would just get turkey breast and slice in future as these are full of rubbish it seems) fresh eggs from the yard, water boiled and then toasted rye bread. Unbelievably, I have just come to add a picture and I didn't take one! I must admit, I think if I have it again, I will just have it on a treat day and have lean, crispy bacon. As well as its bad point, bacon has a lot of good (Apparently) so I may turn a blind eye to it very occasionally. Who knows, I feel like I am being hypocritical.. But then that is the joy of my journey being all mine, I can pretty much do what I want!

Lunch was beautiful! I had honey smoked mackerel with banana on rye bread.  Not what you would initially want to couple with mackerel I wouldn't imagine, but I love it with marmalade and that is a massive no if avoiding refined sugar. It was indeed, insanely tasty!  I love toasted rye bread with pretty much anything it would seem! 


We indulged in a a lot of fakery today, the last part of it being a 'roast' evening meal.  I found a quorn family roast, basically a giant sausage!  I didn't think to read all the ingredients, if I had, I wouldn't have bought it... Its just not worth it as it is so full of stuff that I have no idea about health wise. We had it with roasted sweet potato and curried cabbage.


Again, I think I would rather have a good piece of turkey or a totally vegetarian roast in future!

I am torn in general as far as quorn goes now, I know I literally only raved about it a couple of days ago, but it is genuinely full of crap.  Some types moreso than others, I need to read up on it more.  I said I wasnt going to but I am guessing that unprocessed animal fats in general may well be healthier in moderation, than additives that may or may not be in quorn... Watch this space!! 











No comments:

Post a Comment