Tuesday 13 August 2013

Back to it

Finally feel well enough to do some low intensity cardio.  Felt pretty good again, joints were quite stiff to start but eased after about 20mins. Did 40 mins total on 6.5 and incline of 2, no strength work today either.

Stretched off and used then foam roller again, ITB nowhere near as sore as the other day but my inner thighs are still really tight.

Was feeling it horribly this afternoon, felt shattered and I got an earlyish night last night. Just goes to show how much being I'll has wiped me out, getting back into a routine again is like starting from scratch. It always amazes me how much I forget, after no more than a week of not doing it! I forgot my laptop yesterday, I forgot to put seasoning and garlic on Tom's lunch, I forgot to take my laptop into the office out of my car today; my head's up in the clouds! I've been I'm the same routine for over 6 months! Its the same with muscle loss, work on it for months and within a week you've lost so much form.

Whilst I am on the subject of loss of form, my gleuts (peachy ass) I've been working on has lost some of the shape I had managed to build up on it. I haven't squatted for a good few weeks or leg pressed as my knee was bothering me, really need to get back on it. I also need to work out a plan of action for each week! I keep saying that and not doing it!! Must try harder

Another plus today, I have dropped another pound, grand total of 20 lbs this year. I think I am the lightest I have been since o was 23 and I certainly look better than I ever have, or at least better than I ever remember!

It's funny, I've been routing around on instagram as I saw an article a woman wrote about why the proanna forums and presence on instagram shouldn't be banned. I won't go into the details of it but she was basically saying it is a good place for people to seek support in an otherwise hostile society and that for a lot of 'sufferers' it is a lifestyle choice rather than a killer illness, just like we want to follow a crazy fitness regime.

For me, the jury is still out, I don't know anywhere near enough about the subject to be of any influence in a debate about it. I got what she was saying, totally, just don't know where I stand on the subject... Anyway, as usual, of I rant! My point is, I've looked on instagram and been reading these peoples posts and on the whole I am shocked, but the biggest thing I have noticed is that these people starve themselves everyday, a lot of them consuming no more than 200 calories and going for walks etc to ensure they are in a deficit. They also do prolonged fasting and anything else that is bad for your health I would say, but, they aren't shifting their weight any quicker than I am!

OK, they are going for the boney look, rather than the built look that I want, but even so, these deluded and, what I class most the time as self indulgent, products of modern 1st world society, could achieve what they are after and not endanger their lives.. So maybe I do have an opinion, I don't think it is a well rounded or educated one, but there are key players online that seem to me to just be seeking to shock and then you see poor starving kids in 3rd world countries who have no choice. These kids are throwing soup down the drain. Pretty clichéd opinion I have and pretty sure not a well rounded one, but its my current opinion all the same.

On that note, I think I may have a read around modern day eating disorders and  see if the fact that I think a lot of them don't fall onto the anorexia brand, just the lifestyle choice brand, albeit a stupid and dangerous one, is out of order.

No comments:

Post a Comment