Wednesday 28 August 2013

Pressure is on

Well, of the cooker variety at least. I suddenly had a brain wave for cooking the beans; use the pressure cooker.  I had some cannellini beans soaking from the other day, so they got to be Guinea pig.

Rather than boiling for ten mins and simmering for 45mins, I simply brought to the boil and skimmed the froth and then put the lid on, brought up to pressure and then cooked for 10mins. Tasted them and they appear to be the best consistency yet, granted I have never cooked these specific beans from scratch before, but I think they would still have tasted waterlogged. 

My back was in quite a mess as usual, maybe even a touch worse.  My pelvis was totally out and my area on the base of my scapula that is always painful was excruciating. Oh well, I like to get my moneys worth! I don't normally ride the evening after having it done, just so everything can settle, but as I am competing at the weekend I needed to give Lara a practice jump and now my joints are not happy! Will be fine in the morning

No comments:

Post a Comment