Sunday 29 September 2013

How bad have I been?

Not too bad I don't think, I'm feeling yuck from no cardio but I have been fairly well behaved food wise.  I resisted chocolate when everyone had a bar on the way back from competing! 

Had a great day out today, Lara had her first competitive experience of cross country and she was a little star, not quick enough to win a ribbon, but she's come so far in the last few months and I was yet again, really proud of her.


Here she is, smiling for a change!

Its supposed to be weigh in day on Tuesday, I really want to postpone a week so that I have chance to get back into cardio again and feel good! I have a PT session with Martin in the morning, long awaited one we keep missing through injury and incorrect diaries! Will just have to see how I feel, it is cheating massively if I don't do it, so maybe I will do a mid month one too instead.  

Beans for lunch tomorrow, canellini and pinto to be precise. I happened to stumble upon an amazing, beany taste sensation.  Basically mix up beans with olive oil, black pepper, sea salt, a dash of lemon juice and some apple cyder vinegar.  It is incredible, really buttery and creamy.  

Tea was river cobbler and stir fry, which too was pretty amazing.  Not that I like to brag or anything,  but weekend chef pretty much pulled it out the bag tonight! If you haven't already tried cobbler and have no idea what I am talking about, its a fish. 

A type of catfish to be precise.  Its flesh isn't as firm as white fish we are used to eating and it really is a lovely, mild taste.  Tom isnt big into fishand we have been working on improving his repertoire, this really is a great type of fish for the non believers and getting them started.  The other bonus is that it is really quite cheap, we got two decent size fillets for £2.50. I just baked it in the oven with sea salt, black pepper and a dash of olive oil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment