Monday 23 September 2013

So much for behaving at the weekend!

After me saying I need to stop eating crap at the weekend, I pretty much failed straight away! We went to the cinema on Friday night and had a big box of popcorn.  It was my niece's birthday party so there was unhealthy stuff to eat there, we did go to the gym afterwards and I rode all 3 horses so I guess that wasn't too bad and then I made my own version of those naked cocoa delight bar things and ended up eating a load of that as I'd been impatient with the first batch and added water and shouldn't have done!  I will come back to that though! And as it was Tom's birthday in the week and I was working till all hours, I took him out yesterday instead and that ended with a 3 course pub lunch! I couldn't even face weighing myself this morning!

So, my little dabble with healthy snacks: I love those Nakd cocoa delight bars, they are made of raisins, cocoa, dates and cashews, all blitzed together! I didn't have cashews so we used almonds instead. Tom worked out quantities off the packaging off the bars that we bought, it states percentages so was pretty straight forward from there, for me anyway! Tom worked it out.  I put all the ingredients in the blender and blitzed away, however, I had a little panic as the blender just seemed to be leaping around all over the place and not doing a great deal else! So I decided it needed some moisture and added some water, didn't do much so I decided to try the liquidiser! That just made a mess! A tasty mess, but a mess none the less!  It then dawned on me that that just wouldn't work as it wouldn't pack down at all, so I started again! This time I just blitzed it all in the blender and sat patiently! I didn't add the cocoa until the end, and then I added it and needed it in by hand as putting it in the blender puffed it everywhere the first time!!

End result, super yummy replica of the real thing!! And for once, I haven't yet got a picture!!

I had a cooking frenzy when we got in yesterday and made some butternut squash soup, wasn't anywhere near as good as the sweet potato, was a bit thin and not as strong a taste but will be adding some quinoa so that should help a bit!

Soup in the making! 


No comments:

Post a Comment