Monday 9 September 2013

It really isn't worth it

So, after hitting my lowest ever weight on Sat morning of 142.4 lbs, I decided the best thing to do was get mortal on Saturday night.  It wasn't the intention, we weren't meant to be drinking, but we were over at Tom's parents house for their ruby wedding anniversary and my resolve lasted precisely two sips of water.

What a mess I was, I felt dreadful all day yesterday and today I can barely cope with clothes touching my as it so sore from all of the sugar and alcohol I consumed.  Not a good way to be at all





What a state to get yourself into hey! It has totally ruined my morning at the gym too as I am just so sore.  I managed 20 mins on the spin bike and then a load of stretching and also a huge amount of just sitting! Its just not worth it to me any more, it puts back my health and fitness goals so much that I really don't see the point of it, I have gained 3 lbs, not horrific but still 3 lbs I don't need to have gained.  We have spent a fortune, money that we would rather have spent on an amazing meal and an early night, we are such party animals!

One good thing that came from it was that Tom had to drive home and I got to look around, I normally do the driving so don't get to take in the scenery. It was incredible on the drive back yesterday too, the sky was in great form.  Full of flat bottomed cloud that looked like meringues and the sun was lighting them all up too.  I looked it up and these are Cumulus clouds and they have flat bottoms as this is where the air reaches its dew point and can go no further with temperature loss without condensing.. or something along those lines at least. 


Apart from getting smashed, the weekend was really nice.  It was good to see everyone and Tom also treated me to some food on the way over at The Olive Branch Amazing place and beautiful food, I was naughty and went for pork belly and Tom had sausage and Mash.  It had the most amazing crackling with it too!! Not a great start for the diet, I'm amazed the damage wasn't even more as we absolutely stuffed ourselves at the anniversary get together too.


Beautiful little place, it has such a Mediterranean feel about it, which means I am automatically fall in love with it!! We even got to sit outside, something I thought was done for the year now! 



So, after the weekend of over indulgence, we are back to it today.  I had my normal smoothie for breakfast and have just had smoked mackerel with blueberries, raspberries and avocado.  I don't normally mix avocado with mackerel as they are both very fattening, however, its all I could face preparing this morning so I will balance it out over the course of the week.  It was super tasty too though, always a bonus.

I have been noticing a lot of people on instagram are following this keto diet.  I have read a little about it and there seems to be clashing opinions.  It was originally developed to help epileptic children by reducing seizures, it is down to the resources your body uses for energy.  In normal metabolism you use mainly carbohydrates, when your body is in ketosis you use fat and this changes what is used by your brain for fuel.  Not a great explanation but more information can be found here

My initial feelings are along the lines of what I think of the atkins diet, how can that much fat in your diet ever be good for you and how can it ever replace and healthy, balanced diet?!  Well, of course, all of these PT's that are pedalling it deny any claims that this type of diet is damaging in any way, and so far, I haven't managed to find anything educated enough to allow me to draw a conclusion.  The main reason that I have spent more time trying to find resources, is that one place mentioned that it can help slow down and maybe even stop the symptoms of a lot of brain related issues such as Alzheimer's and Parkinsons. Toms father has a brain disorder known as Picks, which is a form of alzheimer's and can be hereditary, so I am willing to try anything!! However, it isn't clear whether it is just thought to help with age related rather than genetic mutation related memory loss.  Just something else for me to do some reading on and get a better understanding of I would say. 




































No comments:

Post a Comment