Wednesday 4 September 2013

The darkness is here

Well and truly once more, my journey to the gym takes place in the dark.  I am really not a fan of dark mornings and afternoons, I think I could cope so much better with the cold weather if the hours of daylight were longer.  I am starting to mentally prep myself now, with the hope that it doesn't send me under when its in full flow!  I don't suffer with SAD, just mild irritation!

This morning was also super misty, which had the potential to be quite pretty, but it never actually cut it!


The gym was also eerily empty and I couldn't work out why, but of course, the schools are back in full flow now.  

Had out shopping delivery yesterday, first time in ages it seems like we have had a lovely stocked fridge.  We have been making a point of using everything in the fridge and the freezer up so we could defrost it last weekend. 
Something so satisfying about this sight!



When I was lying in bed last night, trying to get to sleep, every single part of my body that I have ever hurt, decided it would hurt.  I hate it when that happens, I'm not totally sure what it is but I think I have narrowed it down to being linked to hormones.  I have read that when when oestrogen levels fluctuate, our pain tolerance drops and we are also more prone to injury. Perfect!

I made a point today of walking on the treadmill on concentrating on my posture again, again, absolutely exhausting.  I can only really manage half an hour like this as everything is so hard, I made sure that I also paid attention to my breathing and the whole experience was extremely tiring.  It took about 7 mins for all of my joints to ease off too.  

I did some of the stretching moves that Martin showed me and felt pretty good, along with some upper body strength and abs work too.  I can feel the bridge getting easier so that's a good sign and I made a point of noting down the levels on the stretching machines.

With my left leg back on the flexor machine, I can get to 35 on the measurement.  With my right leg back, i can only get to 28.  Quite a considerable difference, although I did expect it as the right flexors are the ones I damaged quite badly whilst walking around Edinburgh at the beginning of the year.

On the hamstring stretch, they are fairly similar.  I can get my left leg to 71 and my right to 68.  I have to make a concious effort to keep my pelvis level and my other foot flat on the floor too.  I can see now how I improve.  

Lunch today is the rest of yesterdays soup and the addition of Quinoa to get my calories to where I want them.  Quinoa is one of those things that makes me feel a little bit special when I mention it, its one of those words that only people in the know, know how to pronounce and knowing how to pronounce it automatically makes me healthy and intelligent! ;-)  Little things! 








No comments:

Post a Comment