Tuesday 17 September 2013

These weekends need to stop!

Its so stupid how I let it all go wrong of a weekend, I end up up at least 2lbs every time and then it takes me a week to shift it. Its stopping me progressing to where I want to be and it's pointless. 

I felt rubbish at the gym yesterday, really weak and kept on having to go for a pee! I do tend to get like that sometimes and it think it is a sensitivity to some hormone or other, I narrowed it down many years ago when the doctors thought I may have an overactive bladder, I used to get up 3 or 4 times a night when it was at its worst. Coming off the pill and working it out was purely coincidental and the doctors refused to accept that's what it was, but it was.

Yesterday lunch proved incredibly expensive for me, I have ordered my new car. I have embraced the chav inside and gone for a 'semi' pimped Renault Clio, pics will follow when I have it in my possession, very excited!!

The gym went well this morning, I felt really strong on the spin bike.  I did 30 mins and pushed myself pretty hard, the last 3 mins were out the seat and I now have really cramped up calves.  Started feeling quite sleepy and weak this afternoon though, there are a lot of people ill in the office so I will undoubtedly end up with something!  I have decided to take a day off tomorrow!! Unheard of I know, I have learnt my lesson from the last illness that took me out for a couple of weeks though, and I have a PT with Martin on Thursday and Liam on Friday! I think Martin will be pleased with my progress anyway, I can squat right down to my bottom on the smiths machine, even when concentrating on my form.  I think my core has come on a lot too, I tried to do leg raises off the step today, I can move my legs this time but I can't seem to keep my upper body flat, technique I should imagine, but still loads of progress from not being able to move them!!

Still working hard on a few yoga moves, I tried the tree stance today with my support leg on a wobble disc, made for interesting times!  I managed it though and I should imagine it's great for my core and strengthening my ankles and knees.

Toms different lunches seem to be going down well which is good, tomorrows is quinoa salad with tuna. I need to work on my quinoa cooking though, as salad is a lose translation of globular mass!  Tastes really good though.  As I am taking the day off the gym, I have to be extra careful, so I have just finished cooking my veggie breakfast I make with cottage cheese and I am having salmon and salad for lunch.  No doubt I will be famished!


You can just about make out the little sprouts in the top left, these are alfalfa sprouts.


No comments:

Post a Comment