Sunday 29 September 2013

The only thing to do is sleep less!

Not something I ever expected that to come from me, that's for sure!  I absolutely love my sleep and generally, can not get enough of it.  However, its becoming increasingly frustrating that I finish work, do the horses and then when I get in, its a night of stress trying to have my tea and fit everything in before going to be around 9.30 and sleep at 10.  It has only been made worse by me working later and slightly further away too.  As there is nothing I can do about that, and I need to work my horses, I am left with no choice.  I am going to try and teach myself to need less sleep.

There is conflicting information on the subject, some people say there is just no way to do it, others firmly believe there is.  One of the main things is to keep your wake up time the same, even at weekends, so 5am everyday it is.  Tom pretty much wakes up at this time most days anyway, so its just me. You then gradually go to bed later and later.  Some people say 15min increments and other say 30 mins, there are even people that suggest just cutting it back straight away and dealing with it.

They reckon, 7 to 10 days to get used to it.  I am currently typing this and watching the clock, I was initially going to push for 30 mins at a time, I may decide that is too much.  I am actually looking forward to having more time to do things, so that is a huge motivational factor towards me getting my head round it.  I think a huge part of the battle is mental, I'm not suggesting I try and cope on 4 hrs a night, so its nothing drastic and I think my head is now where it needs to be. 

We got up at 5 this morning, had breakfast and did a load of chores and then decided to go back to bed for a nap about 90mins later, we did 20mins and felt pretty good. 

I'm fighting the urge to sleep right now so, watch this space!!! I've not done a huge amount of reading around it, should be able to do more of that with the extra time though

No comments:

Post a Comment