Tuesday 22 October 2013

F#*$ing plateau

Yep, that is defo how I feel today!! I simply can not break 140lbs and it's doing my head in! I really wanted to get lower before all the Xmas parties etc start. I do however, really need to get my head out of this mindset, it's not a healthy way to be thinking as weight loss, fitness and toning can take many different turns.  I have noticed how much more toned my arms are from, I haven't measured them, but just at rest they are more defined. I can only assume this is the yoga, it is pedalled as being exceptionally good for toning the body. 

I think I can see my glutes shaping up some more, my bum is definitely looking a little perkier.  I am getting stronger with my yoga holds too, I can also now stand face on to the window and raise my leg up and forward, placing my heel on there for a stretch, without lifting it with my hand.  So, I am making progress, it is just a different kind of progress.  It's difficult when the focus has been on the scales for almost a year.  I guess another positive is that I know I can maintain a weight and eat well.  



Speaking of eating well, this was yesterday's lunch.  The avocado's are amaaazing at the min, with organic king prawns and rye and sunflower toast. So simple yet so incredibly good.  One of the guys at work commented on how different my food is everyday and that I never seem to eat anything boring.  This is very true, I really enjoy taking the time to think of something different each day and I also enjoy taking the time to do it.  It generally takes around an hour to prep mine and Toms lunch everyday, this lunch doesn't take that long of course, but when we have to cook beans etc then it does take quite some time.

A while ago we started eating food from all over the world and marking it off on the world map, we had gotten off the cause, but decided yesterday to get back on it. We basically pick a flag out of a container of them and cook a recipe from wherever comes out.  Tonight was Bhutan, Tom rustled up some Momo's with spicy tomato salsa.  They were very, very yummy, not particularly diet friendly I wouldn't have thought.  

This is our map, you cant really tell from this pic but there are a load of little flags in place already. It turns out, it is quite a popular past time and there are loads of people blogging about it.  Right, bed time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment