Friday 11 October 2013

That's Agave syrup off the list

As promised, I found a little more time and looked properly into how good Agave actually is and whether it meets up to the claims that it is an excellent alternative to refined sugar...

It's not, whilst you don't experience the sugar crash the same from it, as it has a low GI, it also contains a high amount of fructose. Fructose in small quantities isn't bad, but excessive quantities are not good.  This is a quickly sourced excerpt from www.drweil.com and I haven't looked into his background and researched him admittedly, but this isn't the only place I found this opinion and I am just mentioning the one reference for ease

" Fructose is a major culprit in the rising incidence of type 2 diabetes and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.  It may also increase risks of heart disease and cancer”

I know there are claims like this everywhere and some you have to take with a pinch of salt and use your brain.  My view on this is that I don't have to have Agave in my diet, so I won't.

Most these sources quote Maple Syrup as a good alternative sweetener, but as with everything, the key if most definitely moderation.

I forgot the other day, I have a progress pic for you all.  Slightly different yo my normal ones and you have to look really closely to see the progress!!!


The top photo is my improved view believe it or not!! I can see the improvement on my back leg, I'm no further down but the back leg is much straighter. Unfortunately, I can't find the originals, but I think they are about a month apart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment