Wednesday 30 October 2013

Have you missed me?

I have been somewhat remiss with my posts this week! Sorry about that.  I haven't been feeling great and I have also been really busy getting prepared for my London trip yesterday.  That is now done and want half as scary as I thought it would be. I hated wearing the suit I bought in a hurry on Tuesday night, just want me at all. I need to get online and find one that I feel more myself in! Its amazing how something as stupid as what you're wearing can impact your mood and how you carry yourself.

I have really been struggling with the left wing of my pelvis over the last week or so. I have only been working the horses from the ground and I have had to keep medicating it, which isn't ideal, but I haven't been able to put up with it unfortunately.  This happens very occasionally after I have had my back done, I need to get in touch with David and go back, is just been chaos this week.

This is a milestone month for me, it is the last payment I have on my credit cards that I have had hanging around my neck at differing amounts for nearly 15 years. Many silly decisions made when I was a silly little kid. I made up my mind to finally blitz them this year and it is something else I have achieved in just over 10 months, such a weight off. I couldn't have done it alone, I am lucky to have had the support of Tom and my parents whilst I have done it and I am lucky to have had 2 considerable pay rises in the last 6 months, I say lucky, that has nothing to do with it, I have worked my ass of for those.  Now we can get on with paying for the wedding and saving for a house, who knew we would get to the point that we were excited about saving! The difference a year makes!

I am currently blogging this whilst walking on the treadmill, I have loads to do at lunch so won't get chance and time is always tight at night.  The good news is that the pelvis feels pretty good and walking is nice low impact cardio too. I'm up to 30 mins now and plan on doing an hour.

I'm pleased to say that Kath who I used to work with and who goes to the same gym as me has found the motivation to really kick her diet into touch, I get really excited when someone starts out on this quest as I know how much better it makes you feel. I have every faith that she will soon enough become a massive health junkie too and reap the rewards.  Hats off to get too as this time of year doesn't lend itself to being good! I have managed to shift 4 of the 6 pounds I gained, we were meant to be going to the Xmas markets with work in a few weeks time, but I just can't bear how much it sets me back, as much as I love drinking there, I have such different priorities now and I have 3 weekends on the trot in December so just need another break.  I think my ultimate goal is to stop drinking completely, I'm just not at that place in my journey just yet, and one thing I have learnt is that it's all about timing and want, I don't want that enough yet... Something to put on my long term radar for sure!

I have been looking online for things to wear to Xmas parties and it is so nice to look at things and know I'm gonna look good in them. Arrogance or vanity? I don't think so, I am proud of what I have achieved and a party dress is putting it right out there, especially as I'm not a dress wearer, which in itself is a massive challenge! I have got to find one that sits who I am now, I feel how I dress is so personal to me now, as I have developed a style that fits me now and I have no intention of betraying that.  It's my individual expression and I love it, something else new to me too!

40 mins in and I'm starting to sweat and lose grip of my phone, love you and leave you

No comments:

Post a Comment