Saturday 5 October 2013

The move is on

We have started to pack our stuff up to move to the 'west wing', as Tom has started affectionately calling it, next Saturday.  We have packed up a load already and we are shifting the brunt of the big items today.  Should burn a few calories!!

I've been a busy little, make stuff from scratch bee.  I tried out making my own cashew butter. You start by roasting them, and then blend away!! For AGES! You have to keep stopping the blender so the motor doesn't overheat and you also have to keep pushing the nuts back down from the sides and scrape the bottom to loosen the mix up. 

This is how they started, post roasting.  I may have toasted them a touch too long. 





After quite some time, its starts to turn into a thick, dry consistency, but this is quite a way off the finished thing.  When its like this, it constantly rolls itself up into one ball so you have to keep breaking it up.

At one point I actaully thought that that was it.  And then all of a sudden, it did this: 


I stopped at this point, but it is still quite thick, so I am guessing that I could've carried on a bit but I wasn't sure if maybe it was because I toasted them for a little too long. 

Whilst we were sorting our stuff out, I found an old dress of mine that I wore to a couple of weddings.  I thought I would try it on before deciding what to do with it. Bearing in mind, this dress was incredibly fitted the last time I wore it, I was really quite surprised.  I thought I would've had a picture but I couldn't find one. I have actually cropped my head off because I look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards!! 


Not the best look, but wow, its unbelievable how big I was without realising!

We went to the rugby super league final yesterday evening.  Was a really good night and I resisted a pie and a chocolate bar.  Quite proud of myself!

First move day today, lets see what I manage to injure!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment