Tuesday 30 July 2013

Another looking good PT comment

Martin, the PT who suggested the lower intensity exercise for me, commented that I looked like I had dropped some more fat this morning.  Its great when the guys who know their stuff start commenting, makes me feel really good about what I am achieving.

Since switching to the low intensity, strengthening cardio, I have gone from 149.8 lbs to 146.8 lbs. Pretty impressive, I had been stuck at 150 lbs for ages before then.

Today's workout was meant to be upper body only. All will become clear..

I started off with a warm up on the elliptical trainer (I hate that machine, couldn't tell you why, just feels so uncomfortable) Felt really quite weak in my back doing dead lifts, the last two times I haven't felt great. I can feel my form failing me and I can feel it in my lower back, so I have dropped my weights back.  Not sure what's gone on there, my form is the same, so there must be a weakness letting me down somewhere, but I cant quite decide where.  It could be linked to me not taking in enough protein recently, so a simple strength issue. Or, it could be down to the fact that I haven't done one of Martin's core sessions for a couple of weeks.  One thing I have discovered over the years, it takes you many, many months to build up strength and only a few weeks to lose it!

I tried to do a body weight pull up again, big fat FAIL still.. Damn it! I'm determined to get that down, in fairness though, I haven't really been doing them since I hurt my shoulder.

Thought I would finish off with some low intensity treadmill for 10 or so mins and then do some stretching off.  This all went to plan, but I messaged Tom complaining about how weak I felt on the dead lift and how it could be linked to a weaker core and that I am missing doing Martin's core session.. He suggested something ground breaking!! Keep doing the abs blast class that Martin does in a morning.. Brilliant plan, can't believe I didn't see that option, I was half way down the stairs at this point, it had only just gone 7.30am, so I hot tailed it back upstairs and joined in Martins class..

It was typical Martin annihilation, the best one was the crunch circuit.  Normal crunches x 10, knees at 90 degrees and crunch x 10, same angle but legs apart x 10 and then the piece de resistance: drop one leg to a hover and keep the other at right angles and crunch, then switch... wow, BURN!!!  oh, and then repeat.

+Nicola Renshaw has got on it now! Cycle to work scheme has commenced, good work Nic! I messaged her this morning saying that it was perfect biking weather and I hope she enjoys it, I didn't tell her that I had checked the forecast and it is shocking for the time she is meant to be cycling home! She was telling me the only problem is that now she feels shattered, I suggested nipping to her car for a lunchtime nap.. ooops

I'm sure I had more to say, really busy in the office so my thoughts keep skipping between all the issues I have got to resolve and this.. so inevitably, I forget what I am doing! That claim about women multi-tasking.. utter rubbish

Ah, I have remembered; I have asked the gym if they would be able to house a Bra Bank for Breast Cancer. There aren't really any places around here and I figured that the number of women going to the gym  must be quite high and if they are all losing weight, then their bra's will be shrinking!

Its a great scheme, it addresses 3 a number of issues at once.  it reduces textiles in landfill, it helps small businesses in Africa and raises funds for research.  They collect for free and provide the banks for donation too, what's not to like???  We shall see what comes back.

Whilst on this subject, H&M take clothing donations and they recycle the fabric and you get a £5 off voucher for your trouble, so as your shedding your pounds, you can replenish your wardrobe with a little help!

I love the feel good factor in this sort of thing, I have so little spare time to contribute to charity that I feel the need to do what I can, when I can!   Anyway, I really need to try and copy my contacts off my iPhone onto my Nexus, I don't know what numbers I should ignore at the moment!

Nice little morning sky pic for you, break up the text a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment