Monday 15 July 2013

Spades of naughtiness!

Sorry about the title, just some random chatter that Tom, Sammy and I find amusing! 

The calf muscles are still horribly painful, Tom massaged them yesterday and he could barely apply any pressure at all. They have always been the same after cross country riding, as you stand in your stirrups and there is a lot of pressure down through the calf, and clearly mine need some strengthening! I don't do it regularly enough to improve though, so should incorporate calves in more to my routines really.

Today I'm going to go and do abs, this is the only area NOT hurting so I might as well bring it into line! I'm missing Martin's xfit class unfortunately but if he splits it (sometimes he combines) I will finish off my abs session with his half hour abs blast. I am also going to attempt the workout I posted on Friday and couldn't do as I had probs at work. I'm looking forward to listening to the latest Above & Beyond podcast at the same time!

Today's research, should I get the time, is into breathing trainers. My breathing has never been strong, my mum swears that it's because I was a month premature and my lungs hadn't done all their developing yet.. She also adds that she has no scientific backing on this theory. 

Anyway, we have an hereditary 

Alpha 1-antitrypsin deficiency that can cause breathing problems in later life along with a host of other issues. My Aunty is quite poorly with it but its not as horrific as it sounds if you do your best to keep your lungs healthy.

 What you can do to help it is improve your lung capacity, so I am looking into breathing trainers. Starting with the ones you use whilst sedentary and moving onto the ones used whilst exercising, you're basically treating your lungs like any other muscle and training them to be stronger.


I can feel how much my breathing restricts my stamina, I have taught myself in spin to concentrate on my breathing and there is a marked improvement so far, I just would like to improve it some more. There are no chemicals involved, just increased resistance to airflow! 

Wow, waking down stairs hurts sooo much!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment