Tuesday 23 July 2013

Back on track

Back to healthy eating now! We are still off work today so our exercise is consisting of horses, house work and dog walking! 

Back onto the smoothies for breakfast as the banana's had gone super ripe over the weekend. Also chopped up the remaining ones that were perfect and have frozen those.

I am having the first experiment with preparing beans form scratch, rather than using tinned ones. Today's choice is butter beans and they are ready soaking. I have used 160grams as that should provide enough for us both to have 100grams cooked weight for 2days. I have never used them like this so it will take some experimenting and forced routine! 


As I am writing this I am preparing some butternut squash and apple soup. Sue made some over the weekend and we both loved it!

I found the recipe online on elana's pantry and just added the quantities that I had available! 


No comments:

Post a Comment